How to use Odin: If you want to install any custom ROM or Stock ROM in your Samsung smartphone, then the Odin is one of the best tool available for your assistance. The Odin is one of the best Stock ROM flashing tools for Samsung smartphones. If you are looking for the best tutorial to know how to use Odin, then you are at the right place. With the help of Odin software, you can install Stock ROM on the Samsung smartphone, install Root packages to root the smartphone, install the desired kernel and do anything you want to with the software part of the smartphone. The Odin is one stop tool for all your Android ROM flashing in Samsung smartphones quests.
In this post, we are going to share the exact tutorial to install the Odin on your computer and use Odin for flashing stock ROM in the device. If your phone has become slow, buggy and annoying due to viruses or buggy custom ROM, then it is a best option to revert to Stock ROM. The Odin helps you to flash the Stock ROM quickly in the Samsung smartphones. Most of the times, the Service Center guys use the same software to flash Samsung Firmware update on your smartphone. They take 2-3 hour to complete the process of flashing the Stock ROM and waste your time and money. Instead of spending your money on mobile repairing shop guys, you can install Stock ROM yourself by using Odin and that too within minutes.
Without wasting any time, I will start the tutorial on How to Use Odin to flash Stock ROM on Samsung smartphones.
How to Use Odin To Flash Stock ROM on Samsung Smartphones
Installing the Stock ROM via Odin3 software is the pretty safe way. Not an official way but the safest way to do so. But, make sure you are flashing correct Stock ROM. If you try to install the wrong Stock ROM or recovery or Kernel into the phone with Odin, then, unfortunately, i am not responsible for any boot loop on Samsung smartphones or hard bricking of the device. Make sure you’ve to take the backup of your ROM [If rooted] and all critical data before proceeding.
Requirements to Use Odin
Odin is a flash tool, which flashes the entirely different ROM by erasing the older ROM and firmware. So, make sure you have everything backed up and have completed all of the below-mentioned requirements.
- Samsung Galaxy Android Smartphone - Any Samsung Galaxy Series Android device is required to use with Odin Flash Tool.
- Samsung Stock ROM / Firmware - Make sure you download the correct Stock ROM according to your device model. Download and flashing incorrect Stock ROM may cause Soft-brick or hard-brick of the device. You can find and download the Samsung Stock Firmware from this website.
- Now the most critical software. You need the Odin software. You can Download Odin from here
- Samsung USB Drivers. The Samsung USB drivers are the important part of all this process. Without Samsung USB Drivers, Odin 3 is unable to identify your smartphone.
- Enable USB Debugging in your Samsung Galaxy Device. You can do it by going to Settings >> Developer Options >> Enable USB Debugging. If you don’t have Developers Options Enabled, the go to Settings >> About >> Tap 5 times on Build Number and you’re ready to go.
How To Use Odin with Samsung Galaxy Smartphones
After downloading the Odin root and Samsung USB Drivers quickly installs both of the software and reboot your computer (if needed). After installation, we are ready to proceed to flash Stock Firmware on Samsung Galaxy Smartphones.
- First of all, open the Odin3 flash tool. You’ve to the right click on the Odin3 software and then open it as “Administrator.” It will only work properly if you open it as administrator.
- Now, take your Samsung Galaxy smartphone and boot into the Download mode. You can boot into download mode by pressing “Volume Down + Home + Power Buttons” at the same time. Press these buttons and hold for 2-3 seconds. Now, you are into the Download mode. After entering into the download mode, just connect your smartphone to the computer using USB to MicroUSB cable.
- After connecting the mobile to the computer, Odin will identify your smartphone. You can check if the Device is connected or not in ID: COM section. It’ll turn blue after identifying your smartphone.
- Now, make sure the “Auto-Reboot” and “F.Reset Time” boxes in the odin are checked. After that, click on PDA ( or AP in a newer version of the software). Locate the Firmware file you downloaded and select it. The software will take some time to verify the Firmware file.
- Now, click on the “Start” button to start the flashing process. The software will flash the stock ROM into your smartphone. Make sure you DO NOT REMOVE THE SMARTPHONE WHILE FLASHING THE STOCK ROM.
- After Odin Flash tool completes the process, it’ll show the “PASS” on top right corner of the software, and your phone will reboot automatically. This means that your phone has successfully flashed with Stock ROM.
Odin Root Troubleshooting
Sometimes, you may face problems while using Odin 3 on your computer. There are some easy ways you can troubleshoot odin and then enjoy the software to flash Stock ROM.
- Close and Restart the Odin - Sometimes, the Odin behaves weirdly. To fix weird operation of Odin, just Close the Odin and restart it. Most of the times it will solve your problem.
- Force Restart Smartphone - Alternatively, you can disconnect your smartphone from PC and then Force restart. You can do it by removing the battery, insert it again and then reboot the phone into Download mode.
- Reinstall the Drivers - If the Samsung USB Drivers are not installed correctly, the Odin will not work. So, you’ve to uninstall the older drivers and reinstall them again. It’ll help you to troubleshoot odin 3 software.
Final Words - How To Install and Use Odin
You can use this software to flash stock ROMs, Recovery, Firmware, and Kernels on your Samsung Galaxy Smartphone. Installing stock ROM on Samsung smartphones is a cakewalk with Odin3 root tool. I hope you liked this post about How to use Odin to flash Stock ROMs, Kernels, Recoveries and Root Packages into Samsung Smartphones. If you face any problem while using it, then please comment down below. We’ll help you solve the issues with Odin3.