If you are willing to flash any custom ROM or flash the Stock ROM onto your Android Smartphone, then you’ve to use the ADB and Fastboot. You’ve probably heard the name of these two things which are essential for flashing any custom or Stock ROM on Android smartphones. The ADB and Fastboot are incredibly useful and powerful tools for Android smartphone. But, it can be little involved to install the ADB drivers and Fastboot on your computer.
In this post, I will share the exact procedure to install ADB drivers and Fastboot on your Windows computer. The Installation seems the little bit complicated for the noobs, but it is not that hard. Here is the Procedure to install ADB and Fastboot on Windows Computers.
What is ADB?
The ADB is the short form of “Android Debug Bridge.” The Android Debug Bridge allows you to use and send a large array of different commands to an Android smartphone. The ADB is the perfect tool for playing with the Device firmware and installing custom ROMs, Reinstalling the Stock ROM and Installing the Recovery.
The ADB commands can be used with any Android Device, Rooted, and UnRooted. Most of the times, the ADB commands are used to flash OS or Wipe data on the smartphone.
What is Fastboot?
The Fastboot is a small yet powerful tool for any Android smartphone. The Fastboot works flawlessly with ADB and helpful for actually flashing the Stock ROMS and Custom Recoveries. The Fastboot tool can do functions which ADB commands can’t do. Well, you cannot flash Custom ROM package with Fastboot, but it is useful for flashing the Stock ROM and Recoveries.
Install ADB and Fastboot on Windows
The ADB and Fastboot installation process is pretty straight forward. To install the ADB and Fastboot, you have to install Android SDK, which is over 500MB in size. But, we have another way, by which we can install just the ADB and Fastboot bypassing the SDK installation. So, follow the below-mentioned methods to install ADB and Fastboot on your Windows Computer.
Install ADB Drivers and Fastboot on Windows 10
- First of all, you have to download the ADB and Fastboot Installer, which is the installation package compiled by XDA Developers group member Snoop05.
- The ADB and Fastboot Installer package come in the .exe format, and it installs the ADB drivers and Fastboot within 15 seconds. After downloading the installer, double-click on it to open. The installer may need Administrative Privileges. If asked, press YES.
- Now, you’ll see the Command Prompt Windows. In that Window, you’ve to Press “Y” to install each component of the Installation. Just Press “Y” and then Enter.
- In the last part of the Installation, it’ll ask you to install Google USB drivers. You’ve to click “Next” in the installation wizard to install the Google USB Drivers.
- After successful installation, you can start Using the ADB and Fastboot on your Windows Computer.
Install ADB and Fastboot on Linux
Installing the ADB and Fastboot on Linux is the simplest task. All you have to do is run two different commands in the Terminal, and you are ready to use the ADB and fast boot. Here is the complete procedure to install ADB drivers and Fastboot on any Linux OS.
First of all, you’ve to open the Terminal Window by pressing the “Ctrl+T” or manually clicking on the terminal icon. After opening the Terminal in Linux, just Copy and paste the following command.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:phablet-team/tools && sudo apt-get update
Now, you’ll be asked to enter the system password. Enter it, and it’ll add the necessary repository.
Here we come to the most important part. In the same terminal window, copy and paste the following command to install the ADB and Fastboot in Linux OS.
sudo apt-get install android-tools-adb android-tools-fastboot
Now, you’ll be able to use the ADB and Fastboot on Linux. Just connect your Android smartphone and send commands from Terminal window.
So, this was the exact procedure to install ADB and Fastboot on Windows computer. Also, you learned how to Install ADB and Fastboot on Linux OS. If you are facing any problem while following these steps, then please comment down below. I will try to solve it.