Get Back old WhatsApp Status Feature: The WhatsApp is known for introducing new updates and features every now and then. Previously, it was the voice call and video calls to users. Now, WhatsApp has introduced the "New Status". The New Status is the Rip Off of the Snapchat Stories and Instagram Stories. Many WhatsApp Users are disappointed with the New WhatsApp Status Updates.
Read Also - Play Pokemon Go Without Moving[NO ROOT]
The New WhatsApp Status are very different than the previous Text based updates. The current update requires users to post photos and videos as the WhatsApp Status. The New Update is annoying almost every WhatsApp Users. So, we are sharing the tutorial on How to Rollback to the Old WhatsApp Status on Android Smartphone. If you are someone who likes to write some text updates, then this post is really useful. If you are interested in learning how to get old whatsapp status back on Android easily.
How to Get Old WhatsApp Status Back on Android
The Method i am going to share about Getting Old WhatsApp Status back by restoring to the old version of WhatsApp is working. I am not sure if it will work for you or not. Just try this method and check if the old WhatsApp Status is back or not.
The New WhatsApp Update for Android has screwed everything in Status Section. If get back the Old Text Based WhatsApp status on Android, you've to revert to the Old version of WhatsApp. Here is How you can get Old WhatsApp Version Back.
To get the old WhatsApp Status back, you've to install an Older version of WhatsApp. The WhatsApp 2.17.60 is working perfectly. You just have to download the Exacth Version from APKMirror or any trusted APK sharing website and install it.
The Older WhatsApp version 2.17.60 will restore the Old WhatsApp Status on your Android Smartphone. After installing, just setup your WhatsApp account and enjoy the Old WhatsApp Status feature.
This trick is working for now. I don't know if it will work for you or not. If WhatsApp has found this flaw, then they may try to patch it. So, check if this is working for your smartphone or not. This Method to Get Old WhatsApp status feature is for Non-Rooted Users.
Get Old WhatsApp Status Feature Back on Rooted Smartphone
If you have a Rooted Android Smartphone, then you can just make use of your Rooted Smartphone. To enable the Old WhatsApp Status on Rooted Smartphone, you need any best Root File Explorer. In this case, i am using the ES File Explorer. But, you can use any of your favourite File Explorers which allows the Root Exploring.
- After installing the ES File Explorer, we will have to "Force Stop" the WhatsApp. To do this, just go to "Settings >> Apps >> Click on WhatsApp and then "Force Stop". That'll force stop the app.
- Now, Open the ES File Explorer and enable "Root Explorer". You can do it by clicking on Three Horizontal Bars on the Top Left side of the App. The app will ask you for appropriate permissions. Just click on "RW" for everything.
- Now, you're in the Root Directory of your Device. Now, Open the Device Folder inside the Root Directory. To do this, you've to open Top Left Menu >> Click on "Local" and then open the "Device".
- Now, Head to the "Data >> data >> com.WhatsApp >> Shared_Prefs" Folder. In the Shared_Prefs folder, you've to find the "com.whatsapp_preferences.xml". Open this file with ES Text Editor.
- The File will be opened in the ES Text Editor. To Edit this file, click on the "Three Dot Menu" on Top Right and choose the "Edit".
- In this file, you've to find the code "status mode” value=”1″ . Once you find the code, just change the Value from "1" to "0" and save the file. After saving the file, just open your WhatsApp and you're ready to rock with Old WhatsApp Status on Rooted Device.
RollBack to Old WhatsApp
So, this is how you can get back Old WhatsApp Status feature easily. I hope you'll try and get old whatsapp text status feature on your smartphone. If you have any problem while following this method, then please comment down below.