The Google’s Pixel smartphone comes with the inbuilt Google Assistant. The Google Assistant is one of the best applications made by Google for competing with the Apple’s Siri. The Google Assistant on the Google’s Pixel smartphone is so cool that the Android fans are waiting to get it on their Android smartphones. Now, the Google has confirmed that they are going to roll out the Google Assistant for the Android smartphone running on the Marshmallow 6.0 or higher. So, if you have an Android smartphone, you can enable Google Assistant on your Android smartphone.
If you cannot wait to test the Google Assistant and want it to run on your Android smartphone, then you are at the right place. We are sharing the exact steps on How to Enable Google Assistant on Your Android smartphone. And yeah! That too without Rooting your smartphone.! So, let’s start!
How to Enable Google Assistant on Android 6.0+
In this method, we are going to access the Google Assistant via Beta program of the Google. In the Beta program, the only certain number of smartphone users are allowed to participate. So, while you are reading this tutorial, the Beta Program may have closed. If you come to know that the Beta program is closed, then you can try another method. First, check this way to enable Google Assitant via Beta Program.
- First of all, we have to enroll in the Google’s Beta Programme. To do that, just go to “Settings >> Google” and then click the “Three Dot Menu” option from Top right corner. Now, click on the “Help and Feedback” button.
- Now on the Help Page, again click on the “Three Dot Menu” and then tap “View in Google Play Store” button. It’ll open the Google Play Store. On the Google Play Store page of Google App, scroll down and find the “Become a Beta Tester” section. Tap on the “I’m IN” Button, and you’ll be enrolled in the Beta program of Google.
- Now, manually search for “Google” app in Play Store and Join the Beta Programme of that app too. Joining the Beta Programme will take merely five minutes. So, take a chill pill and return after five minutes.
- After some time, open the Play Store again and open “My Apps and Games” section. There, you’ll have to tap on the “Beta” tab. In this tab, you’ll see Google and Google Play Services apps. Make sure you update those apps and then proceed.
- After updating, open the “Settings >> Apps” and find Google app and Google Play Services app. You’ve to Clear the Data and Cache of both of these apps. Clear the Cache and Data of both apps and proceed.
- After clearing the Data and Cache of both the app, open the “Google” app. You’ll be asked to sign in and set things up. After completing the setup, open the slider menu from the Left side of the app and open “Settings.”
- On the Settings page, you’ll have to tap on “Google Assistant Settings, ” and then you’re ready to rock. This will open the Google Assistant settings page, and you’re successful in enabling the Google Assistant on Android Smartphone without rooting the smartphone.
- Now, you can train Google Assistant to recognize your voice to do tasks for you.
Alternative Method – Enable Google Assistant on Android
If the method mentioned above doesn’t work for you, then you’ve another method to try. With this approach, you don’t have to enroll in any Beta program by Google. Just download the APK files provided below and Install them. These APK files will enable the Google Assistant on Any Android Smartphone running on Marshmallow 6.0+ or higher.
- Google App Beta APK – Download from APKMirror
- Google Play Services Beta APK – Download from APKMirror
Video Tutorial – Enable Google Assistant on Android 6.0+
If you are confused in the procedure, then you can always watch the video tutorials. Our friends at Beebom.com recorded this amazing videos describing the step-by-step process on how to enable the Google Assistant without rooting your smartphone. Check it out.
Final Words – Get Google Assistant on Android Smartphone
That was the pretty simple process to activate Google Assistant on your Android smartphone. I hope you liked this post. If you are facing any problems while following these steps, then just download the Beta APKs as mentioned in the Second Method. That’s the ultimate solution for every problem you’ll face while getting Google Assistant on Android.