Windows Module Installer Worker Windows 10
The Windows operating system users always face some weird technical problems that they cannot fix by themselves. This leaves them only with one option, and that is taking the computer to a technician and spending money to get rid of that problem. I can understand using this approach if the issue is related to the Hardware component. But following the same method and getting technical help for pertaining software problem is an idiotic idea. My friend took his computer for repair after he found out the Windows Modules Installer Worker Windows 10 is consuming High CPU resources.
I’ve faced this problem multiple times on my computer, but I am a smart guy and follow some provided solutions to get rid of the problem within a few minutes. There is nothing complicated in following the technical steps to get rid of the specific issues like WMI High CPU usage or High Disk Usage error. If you are facing the Windows Modules Installer Worker High CPU problem in your computer, then you are getting some working solutions to fix this problem permanently.
What is Windows Modules Installer Worker?
Tons of background services and the programs run in the background while you are using the Windows computer. The Windows Modules Installer Worker, or popularly known as the WMIW Windows 10 is one such background service. With the Windows Modules Installer worker, the Operating system checks for the available software and security updates from the Microsoft server.
The Windows Modules Installer Worker appears in the Task Manager as TrustedInstaller.exe and has the alternative name as TrustedInstaller Worker service. Both are the same services and work to check, download and install the latest windows updates on your computer. If you face the TrustedInstaller.exe High CPU usage in your computer, then you should think of fixing the problem immediately.
Here are some of the working methods to get rid of Windows Modules Installer Worker windows 10 CPU problem. We’ve tried this method on our personal computers and then sharing them after knowing that they work correctly.
How to Get rid of Windows Modules Installer Worker High CPU
Instead of panicking after noticing the performance degradation and the TrustedInstaller.exe High CPU and memory usage, you should search for the problem on Google. You are on this site only because you did so and you are going to get some best and working solutions to get rid of this problem. Here are some working methods that you have to follow to fix Windows Modules Installer Worker windows 10 High CPU problem.
Method #1 – Change WMIW Service Startup Status
Almost every background service in Windows comes with the Startup type. Some of them are Automatic, Some of them are Manual, and some of them are disabled due to some reasons. The Windows Modules Installer Service starts automatically by default. If we set the Startup Status to “Manual,” then we can fix the High CPU usage as the service will start only if you try to check for Windows updates or install them.
- First of all, press the “Windows key + R” key combination on your keyboard to open the RUN window.
- In the Window, type “services.msc” without quotes and press ENTER key.
- Now, you’ll see the Windows Services Management Console opened on your computer.
- Scroll down and find the “Windows Modules Installer Worker” service and double-click on it or Right-click on it and then open the “Properties”.
- In the Properties, you’ll see a drop-down option named “Startup Type”. Click on it and select it as “Manual”.
- Now, click on “Apply” and then on “OK” to save the settings.
- Once done, right-click on the same service and click on “Stop” to stop the service and prevent any further CPU or Disk usage by this service.
If necessary, you should restart your computer and then check if the issue has been fixed or not.
Method #2 – Use Windows Update Troubleshooter
The Microsoft knows about the number of different bugs they have in the environment. That is why, they provided the Windows Update Troubleshooter Utility, which helps the users to fix the issues with Windows updates. This utility can quickly fix Windows Modules Installer Worker windows 10 High CPU problem issue in almost every computer. Here are the exact steps you should follow to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter Utility.
- The Windows Update Troubleshooter utility is not available in Windows by default. You have to download the same from official website. Click on this link to download the Troubleshooter application.
- Once downloaded, double-click and run the downloaded “WindowsUpdateDiagnostic.diagcab” file, which is the troubleshooter itself.
- Open the tool and enable the “Apply Repairs Automatically” option and click “Next” to start the Troubleshooting process.
- The utility will start checking the system for issues. The programs will scan the Registry keys, background services, boot flags and what not to find the problem and apply the solutions automatically.
- Once it completed, you’ll see the “Troubleshooting has Completed” option and then you should restart your computer to let the changes take effect.
Method #3 – Run System File Checker
The System File checker is the inbuilt tool in Windows operating system which checks for the system files and the corrupted files. The best thing about this tool is that i can quickly replace the corrupted or missing files and get rid of almost any software related problems. As the TiWorker.exe high CPU usage is a system software side error, many people reported that this method works to get rid of this annoying problem within a few minutes.
- First of all, open the Start Menu and search for “CMD’.
- Right-click on the Command Prompt and click on “Run As Administrator” and then Accept the UAC prompt.
- Now, you’ve opened the command prompt with administrative privilege. Type in the following command and press ENTER to start the System File Checker.
- The System File Checker will scan your entire system for corrupted, damaged or missing system files. The process will take more than a few minutes so be patient.
- Once completed, Restart your computer and see if the issue is fixed or not.
Method #4 – Use DISM
The Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool is similar to the System file checker, but way more powerful than you may thing. If your system becomes slower than usual or showing way too much errors that you are not sure how to fix, then using the DISM tool is the best way for you. Here are the exact steps to do so.
- First, open the Command Prompt in Admin Mode. To do that, open the Start Menu, Search for “cmd”, right-click on the Search Result and click “Run as Administrator”.
- In the elevated command prompt, type following commands one by one and press ENTER after each command.
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- Each command will take a few minutes to complete. Once completed, you have to enter other command and wait till it completes.
- Once you’ve entered all of the commands, it is the time to Reboot your computer. The first reboot after running DISM tool will take more time than usual as it is completing the repair process in the background.
- Once done, you are ready to check if the Windows Modules Installer Worker High CPU usage error is gone or not.
It is very frustrating to see the Windows Modules Installer Worker windows 10 problem service consuming all of your CPU and Disk resources, rendering your PC useless. For an ordinary user, it is very complicated to understand the problem and fix it immediately. For such people, we’ve shared some working solutions to get rid of Windows Modules Installer Worker service high CPU usage problem in Windows.
All you have to do is to follow the exact steps mentioned in this post and get rid of this issue. I hope you’ll follow the methods and permanently fix this annoying error slowing down your computer.